E-commerce businesses are rapidly taking over the market. People are becoming comfortable shopping online, making excellent news for entrepreneurs worldwide. If you’re thinking about starting an eCommerce business, let us assure you that now is a perfect time. Building online store usually begins with finding a suitable platform (such as Shopify, but you can also choose an excellent Shopify alternative). However, starting such a business requires several important things, including passion, knowledge, and strength. We will explain these features and different ways that will help you find an eCommerce niche that will make you rich. Let’s get down to it.
1. Why are eCommerce niches amazing?
First of all, why should you choose a niche market instead of a broader one? Well, an eCommerce niche is essentially a specific market of shoppers. The more you narrow down your target audience, the more niche your market becomes. For example, instead of selling clothes, you can sell clothes made from recycled materials. Although you’ll attract a smaller audience (made of eco-conscious individuals), you’ll also have less competition and a greater chance to succeed. This is especially true if you’re starting. Other benefits of choosing a niche include:
- Lower investments. You won’t have to invest in a wide range of products that are high in volume, nor a warehouse to store them. Starting with smaller products will also lower your shipping costs.
- A strong relationship with customers. Since your target audience is quite specific and narrowed down, you’ll be able to communicate with them more efficiently. Because you share an interest in your product with them, you’ll get to know them a lot better. That way, you’ll get a chance to listen to their reviews and ideas and use them to improve your brand constantly.
- Lower marketing costs. Considering there won’t be much competition out there, you won’t have to invest too much in advertising (PPC ads).
- A uniqueness that will attract people. You’ll be selling something unique and out of the ordinary, and that works like a magnet for attracting people. Word of mouth marketing will then be a free bonus.
- Higher-priced inventory. Once again, since your products will be unique and limited, you’ll be able to put a higher price on them (and people won’t mind it). So, instead of selling 100 items that cost 2$ each (but also require a warehouse to store them), you can sell two things that cost 100$ each.
2. Must-haves before choosing a niche
As we mentioned earlier, before settling on a niche, you need to be passionate, have the knowledge and the strength. For instance, if you choose a niche you’re not passionate about, you won’t be able to come up with original ideas or sympathize with your customers, nor increase eCommerce revenue. On the other hand, if you’re passionate about what you do, your work becomes more of a play. You’ll constantly get new ideas to improve your products and make them more memorable. Your audience will recognize your commitment and will value you even more. Second, knowledge is required in almost anything you do if your goal is to succeed. Without it, you wouldn’t even know where to start. Lastly, you need to find your strengths. This means finding a way to stand out from your competition and offer your customers something they can’t find in other places.
3. Successful strategies that will help you find your niche
There are some necessary steps you should take in order to find the perfect eCommerce niche. These next few ones will help you find a profitable one:
- See what’s trending. With the use of different online tools, you can see what people were searching for in a certain period of time. It will show you patterns so you know which niches are on the rise and aren’t. This will allow you to make a long-term plan and determine your niche.
- Do keyword research. It’s necessary to conduct keyword research before choosing your niche. There are several tools you can use to see how many people are searching for a specific keyword. If the search volume is low, it most likely won’t make a profitable niche. Long-tail keywords are beneficial here because people use them to find more specific products in a particular category.
- Choose a niche market instead of a niche product. Dedicating everything to a single product may result in a great one, and it may get your store off the ground quickly; however, in the long run, this is not a recommendable option. Instead of narrowing yourself down to one product, create several that fit into your niche market. That way, when one of your products becomes less of an interest to your audience, you can start upgrading another one related to it.
- Search through social media and forums to find an interest. These make a great source of shared interest. By typing in the topic you’re interested in using some of the research tools, you can find Facebook groups or forum topics around that subject. That way, you’ll know how many people would find your product helpful, and you’ll be able to contact them and present your niche as a solution.
After you find a profitable eCommerce niche, you can start building your online store, and one of the first steps for you will be choosing the right platform. Therefore, you should also know a thing or two about blockchain eCommerce technology and the benefits it can bring to your online store. Those benefits include lower costs for customers and merchants, security for your online transactions, and decentralization of cross-border trade.